Portulaca is a truly beautiful low growing ground cover type plant. It is also best for hanging purpose.
|1||Portulaca, 9 O Clock (Any Color) – Plant|
|2||5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
Interesting Fact: Portulaca is also known as 9 O clock plant as it blooms approximately at 9 O clock in the morning in India, making it a very interesting plant!!This product does not have the flowers at the time of shipping.
Afterward, the plant will bloom and it could be of any colored flower. Portulaca flowers are truly beautiful in various garden and landscape settings and have been used to beautify old structures and stone walkways. Portulaca is another clue to the wonderful drought tolerance of a perennial succulent flowering plant. Many varieties of portulaca have semi-double to fully double flowers that resemble miniature roses. Flowers blooms in bright colors, like yellow, orange, red, and bright pink, white, cream, and variegated flower colors are also available.
|Plant Height||6 inch (15 cm)|
|Plant Spread||4 inch (10 cm)|
|Common Name||Eleven O Clock, Purslane, and Sun Plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 30-40 cm tall, spread up to 1 foot.|
|Flower Colour||Any color|
|Bloom Time||Summer season|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Portulacas love it hot and dry. You can plant them in poor, even sandy, soil. They also adapt to average garden conditions. Just give them full sun and any well-drained soil. Water them after planting and watch them go.
Propagation of portulaca is seeds and cutting. Best season of planting is early monsoon and spring season.
Sunlight Full sunlight Watering Moderately Soil Sandy well-drained soils. Temperature 20 to 30 degree C Fertilizer Apply any organic fertilizer.
Portulaca Special Feature
Beautiful, bright colored flower
- Portulaca is used as the ornamental plant