What makes it special:
- One of the best attractive and nutritional fruit plants.
- Good source of calcium.
- Low maintenance plant.
- Perfect plant for outdoor garden.
This product does not have the flowers and fruits at the time of shipping. Afterward, the plant will bloom and produce fruits.Anjeer is a beautiful small deciduous tree with an interesting spreading habit from Moraceae family. The breadth is often wider than the height of 4-9 meter.
The bark is a smooth, silvery gray. The leaves of the tree are the identifying feature, they are about 4 inches long and have 3 or 5 lobes.The species name carica means having papaya-like leaves. The fruit, which is called anjeer, may be top-shaped, or pear-shaped, 1 to 4 in long, and varies in color from yellowish-green to coppery, bronze, or dark-purple.Well loved for their sweet, mild flavor fruit and multiple uses and fig are great source of calcium.In Missouri, plants may be grown in sheltered locations outdoors with root mulch or in containers that are overwintered indoo ¹ Planting is usually done in the month of January-February month.
Fig Tree Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 4 cup (approx.200ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Keep the plant in artificial bright light.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Natural bright light with morning sunlight(more than 6 hours)|
|Watering||Apply 4 cup(approx.200ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch|
|Soil||Well drained, fertile and rich in organic content|
|Temperature||30-45 Degree Celsius|
|Fertilizer||Apply organic fertilizer once a month during main growing season (December-February)|
Fig Tree Special Feature
Small fruit tree.The tree is hardy in nature and requires comparatively low maintenance costs
Fig Tree Uses
- Fig plant can be used in the garden for an ornamental purpose
- Fig fruit is used as laxative to relieve constipation and its leaves are used for diabetes, high cholesterol and other skin conditions
- Some time milky sap(latex) from the tree used to treat skin tumors and wart
- Note: The following information is general guidelines, be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
- Fruits are edible