Chlorophytum, Spider Plant
Chlorophytum is an attractive green plant with white stripe variegation. This plant is an excellent indoor as well as an outdoor plant.The spider plant is considered one of the most adaptable of houseplants and the easiest to grow. The spider plant is so named because of its spider-like plants, or spiderettes, which dangle down from the mother plant like spiders on a web.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||natural bright light/indirect bright light.|
|Watering||Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Water when topsoil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.|
|Soil||Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.|
|Temperature||18-32 degrees Celcius.|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Chlorophytum Special Feature
Excellent air purifier plant according to NASA
- Best as potted plant and in hanging basket