Dracaena Red Ruby Ornamental Plant
Dracaena Red Ruby Plant, also known as Dracaena marginata, is a popular indoor plant that is native to Madagascar. It is a member of the Dracaena family and is characterized by its long, narrow leaves that are dark green with red edges.
What Makes it Special
- Long, Narrow Leaves: The plant has long, narrow leaves that can grow up to 2 feet long. The leaves are dark green in color and have a reddish edge.
- Branched Trunk: The plant has a thin, branched trunk that gives it a unique and elegant appearance.
- Easy to Care For: The Ruby Dracaena plant is relatively easy to care for and can adapt to a range of indoor conditions.
- Air-Purifying: Like other plants in the Dracaena family, the Ruby Dracaena plant is known for its air-purifying properties. It can help to remove pollutants from the air, making it a great addition to any indoor space.
- Tolerant of Low Light: While the plant prefers bright, indirect light, it can tolerate low light conditions, making it a great choice for areas with less natural light.
- Pet-Friendly: The Ruby Dracaena plant is non-toxic to cats and dogs, making it a safe choice for pet owners.
Care for Dracaena Red Ruby
- Light: The plant prefers bright, indirect light. Direct sunlight can burn its leaves, so it’s best to place it in a spot with filtered sunlight or partial shade.
- Water: Water when the top inch of the soil is dry. Be careful not to overwater, as this can lead to root rot. In the winter months, reduce watering as the plant’s growth slows down.
- Humidity: The Ruby Dracaena plant prefers moderate humidity. You can increase humidity by misting the plant with water or placing a humidifier nearby.
- Temperature: The plant prefers temperatures between 60-80°F (15-27°C) and should be protected from drafts and extreme temperature fluctuations.
- Fertilizer: Fertilize the plant with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer every two weeks during the growing season (spring and summer). In the winter months, fertilize every 4-6 weeks.