Gardenia is a genus of flowering plants in the coffee family. Gardenia is an attractive, waxy, creamy-white flowers bearing. It is a small evergreen shrub with waxy, lance-shaped leathery, dark green leaves contrasting with intoxicating fragrant, creamy-white flower
|1||Gardenia Dwarf, Ananta Dwarf – Plant|
|2||6 inch (15 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
This product does not have the flowers at the time of shipping. Afterward, the plant will bloom and it could be of any colored flower. Ananta Dwarf comes from the family of Rubiaceae. They are evergreen shrubs. The leaves are broad, dark green and glossy with a leathery texture.
The flowers are in small clusters, white. It is widely planted in gardens due to its attractive green leaves and mesmerizing fragrance.
|Plant Height||12 inch (30 cm)|
|Plant Spread||7 inch (18 cm)|
|Common Name||Miniature Gardenia, Cape Jasmine, Gandhraj.|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 1.5 mete|
|Flower Colour||White color.|
|Bloom Time||Mid-spring to mid-summer.|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Planting And Care
- At least five to six hours of sunlight a day is ideal for flowering and plant grow well in Natural bright light .
- The soil should be well drained and rich in organic content for growing plant.
- Water the plant when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant.
- Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Gardenia Dwarf Care
Native to the tropical and subtropical regions of Africa, Asia, Madagascar and Pacific Islands. The soil, which should be loose and organic, should be kept moist, but take care not to overwater. Monitor the soil frequently for moisture, and water thoroughly as the top inch of soil dries. The gardenia plant should also receive cooler nighttime temperatures and warmer daytime temperatures.
|Sunlight||Natural bright sunlight.|
|Watering||Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Water when topsoil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.|
|Soil||Loam or sandy well-drained soil|
|Temperature||20 to 30 degrees C|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Gardenia Dwarf Special Feature
It has a very pleasant smell that is called a Gandhraj.
Gardenia Dwarf Uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose