Philodendrons are among the most popular, tolerant, and durable of all house plants.
Melanochrysum is a large velvet leaf variety of philodendron whose leaves start out pink with light green veins and slowly matures into a deep dark green with a velvety texture.
This plant does require a totem or some sort of pole to climb otherwise it will tend to meander and droop.
|Plant Height||9 inch (23 cm)|
|Plant Spread||5 inch (13 cm)|
|Common Name||Black Gold Philodendron|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 20 feet|
|Flower Colour||Not defined|
|Bloom Time||Rarely flowers indoors|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Keep the plant in the partial shade area.
- Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil is dry.
- Dont use the cold and chlorinated water.
- Apply fertilizer in monsoon and spring season.
- Re-potting is done in the spring season.
- Remove the dried plant part and leaves.
Philodendron Melanochrysum Care
Plant the bulbs in autumn. Use the potting media as the soil, vermicompost, and coco peat. After planting, watering should be done. Keep the plant in partial sunlight for better growth.
Sunlight Partial shade Watering Medium Soil Well-drained soil Temperature 20 to 30 degree C Fertilizer Apply any organic fertilizer
Philodendron Melanochrysum Special Feature
Popular indoor plant of easy culture. Train on a trellis or a moisture-retaining column, or trail down from a container or hanging basket.
Philodendron Melanochrysum Uses
- The plant is used for the ornamental purpose