Keep mosquitoes away from your home and sleep well by growing an amazing Citronella, Odomas plant
in your garden.
Odomas plant is a bushy, aromatic plant in Geraniaceae family. The stem is cylindrical, woody at the base, pubescent, green when young and turning brown with age. The leaves are alternate, stipulate, simple, with 5 primary lobes and secondary lobes and densely pubescent.
|Plant Height||18 inch (46 cm)|
|Plant Spread||5 inch (13 cm)|
|Common Name||Mosquito plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||2 to 4 feet|
|Flower Colour||Light yellow|
|Bloom Time||August to September|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
Mosquito plant is actually a scented geranium. The plant produces a pretty pinkish colored blooms in summer. Plant in spring after the danger of frost has passed and the soil has warmed, about the same time you plant tomatoes. Select a location with a little afternoon shade, and space plants 18 to 24 inches apart.
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
|Temperature||32 to 27 degrees C|
Citronella Special Feature
Citronella, Odomas plant,Mosquito plant is actually a scented geranium.
- The plant is used as ornamental foliage plant
- It is widely used in scenting soaps, mosquito repellents and for the isolation of rhodinal which forms part of most high grade perfumes
- Note- Please consults your health advisor before application or consuming of plants or plant parts