The Allamanda plant is a twining, bushy vine known for its brightly coloured, funnel or trumpet-shaped flowers & thick foliage.
|1||Bush Allamanda, Allamanda cathartica (Yellow) – Plant|
|2||5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
As shrub Allamanda grows very thick and get covered with yellow bell shaped 3 to 4 inches long blooms in growing season . Although it doesn t have tendrils to climb but provided support can grow as vine too.
|Plant Height||12 inch (30 cm)|
|Plant Spread||5 inch (13 cm)|
|Common Name||Also Known as Allamanda cathartica, Golden Trumpet Bush, Buttercup Flower, Golden Bell. Bengali – Harkakra, Kannada – Arasinhu, Malayalam – Kolaambi, Telugu – Allenandatheega, Marathi – Pivlee Ghunti, Hindi – Pilaghanti.|
|Maximum Reachable Height||3 to 6 ft.|
|Bloom Time||Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter|
Planting And Care
- Allamanda is a bushy nature plant, large sized container is preferable as the plant gets heavy with the time.
- You may need to repot it every year. Regardless of size, make sure container has drainage holes at bottom to ensure smooth drainage of water.
- Put stone or brick pieces on the holes.
- Allamanda grows very rapidly and needs pruning due to its bushy nature.
- Also pruning increases air circulation in plant required for good growth.
Bush Allamanda Care
Allamanda is a bushy nature plant, large sized container is preferable as the plant gets heavy with the time. You may need to repot it every year. Regardless of size, make sure container has drainage holes at bottom to ensure smooth drainage of water. Put stone or brick pieces on the holes.
Sunlight Full sun to Partial shade. Watering Requires consistently moist soil. Do not let dry out between waterings. Soil Soil pH 7.6 to 7.8 (mildly alkaline). Temperature These tender plants will not withstand temperatures below 25 degrees F. Fertilizer Feed the plant with liquid fertilizer in growing season and cut it down to once a month in winter. Harvest Season Flowers are harvested throughout the year.
Bush Allamanda Special Feature
Allamanda woody vine grows vigorously in full sun or semi shade, even in poor soil. The plant climbs grows rapidly, making it good for use over pergolas or on structures with some horizontal support.
Bush Allamanda Uses
- Plants are used for an ornamental purpose