Bamboo Grass Plant
Bamboo Grass is perennial grass plant. Fast growing bamboo type grass. Maximum height is around 50 cms. Forms neatly rounded clumps. The foliage is feathery. Leaves are 4 to 6 cms long and drooping, fine bright green leaves and grows in a tight clump with a bushy habit.. The bamboo grass does flower. It has small grass like flowers at the ends of its shoots. They however are easily missed. Plants can be used in many ways. A handy one!
Bamboo grass plant is the best household plant which is easy to care for and has very little maintenance for growing well in sunlight and semi shade.
- Common name: Bamboo Grass
- Regional name: Marathi – Bamboo Grass
- Category: Bamboos, Grasses & Grass like plants, Groundcovers, Shrubs
- Family: Gramineae or Grass family
- Primarily grown for: Foliage
- Flowering season: Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color: Green
- Plant Height or length: 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Spread or Width: 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Form: Spreading, Weeping
- Good for Topiary
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Good for Edges ie very small hedge or border
- Suitable for road median planting
- Hanging or weeping growth habit
- Good on seaside
It is popular in landscaping. It makes good ornamental plant as it can be trimmed in various ways when grown dense. It is an excellent choice for edging. Beautiful in appearance, these plants make perfect gift options for those who want greens around.
Plant Care Tips
- Light: Sun growing, Semi shade
- Water: Normal, Can tolerate more
- Humidity : Requires moderate humidity.
- Soil: This is an easy to grow plant. Does well in all types of soils.